The Assignments feature allows Premium members to assign specific worksheets, games and exercises to their students. The Assignments manager can be found under your Premium user ID in the top right-hand corner.
How to Assign Worksheets, Games or Exercises:
- Select the content you’d like to assign, for example a worksheet, game, exercise, or Guided Lesson.
- Click on the "Assign" button.
- From here, you have two options: Add the content to a new Assignment, or add to an existing Assignment.
- If you're creating a new Assignment, give it a name. Adding a description or due date is optional. Click "Next.”
- Select how many attempts the student gets to complete the Assignment, and also if you would like this Assignment to be “Mandatory.” If this is enabled, students must complete this Assignment before playing other games.
- Click “Continue.”
- Select the child(ren) you want to send this Assignment to, and then you can choose to select “Publish Assignment.” If you don’t publish now, this Assignment will be saved as a draft.
- Click “Save and Finish.” You will see a confirmation message once it has been successfully assigned.
- Note: There is a maximum limit of 30 items per assignment.
How Children Can Access Their Assignments:
- Your students can log in through your Premium membership log-in, or at education.com/games/play by entering their Classroom or Student Code.
- Once your child selects their profile, they will land on our main menu where they will see available Assignments and due dates (if applicable).
- To complete the Assignments, students click on the games or exercises listed on the Assignment page, play, learn, and have fun!
- The main menu also allows students to see their progress in each individual game and exercise in the Assignment.
Editing an Assignment or Changing the due date:
- To access your Assignments, sign in to your account and click on your Premium user ID in the top right-hand corner of any page. You can then select “Assignments.” You’ll be able to make edits to Assignments from here, like removing worksheets, games or exercises, changing the due date or editing the students.
- When you sign into your “Assignments” tab, you will see “In Progress” which contains all active Assignments, “Drafts” which contains any Assignments you have created but not yet assigned, and also “Finished” which contains all past due Assignments.
- To edit an active Assignment, click “View Details” of the Assignment you would like to edit and then click on the three dots next to the due date. You can change the due date, pause the Assignment or duplicate if you choose. To delete an active Assignment, you need to first “Pause” the Assignment and you will then see the option to delete it.
- To add or remove a student, click "View Details" of the Assignment you would like to edit and then scroll down to "Assigned Students". If you click the pencil on the right side, you are able to either remove or add children, then select "Save changes" and continue.
Track Assignment Progress:
- To track the progress or completion of an Assignment, go to your Assignments page from your Premium user ID and select the Assignment you would like to track.
- On the next page scroll down to the "Assigned Students" and click on the name of the child you are grading/ reviewing.
- You can grade worksheets by clicking on the student's name and pressing the Review button next to the worksheet name. Set a percentage as the score, and then that score will be fed into the Progress Tracker which will show the overall grade. You can then repeat this process if there are multiple students in the Assignment.
- You can then go to your Progress Tracker and see suggested resources for each student under the "Class Score Chart" tab where you can then assign further content if needed.