The Assignments feature allows Premium members to assign specific worksheets, games or exercises to their students. The student can complete the assignment digitally and submit it for you to review. The Assignments manager can be found under your Premium user ID in the top right-hand corner.
How to Assign Worksheets, Games or Exercises:
- Select the content you’d like to assign, for example a worksheet, game, exercise, or Guided Lesson.
- Click on the “Assign Digitally” button.
- From here, you have two options: Add to an existing Assignment or Add to a new Assignment.
- If you select "Create new Assignment", give it a name. You can select how many attempts the student gets to complete the Assignment, and also if you would like this Assignment to be “Mandatory.” These are both optional, but if "Mandatory" is enabled, students must complete this Assignment before they will be able to play other games.
- Click “Continue.”
- Select the child(ren) you want to send this Assignment to, and then you can choose to select “Publish Assignment.” If you don’t publish now, this Assignment will be saved as a draft. If you have not yet added a student to your account, you can do so in the process of creating an Assignment.
- If you prefer to add this new content to an existing assignment, Select "Assign Digitally" then choose the assignment you would like to add it to and select "Add".
- If you would like to create an Assignment but you do not want your children to immediately see it, then you can toggle off “Publish assignment?” to save it as a draft.
- When you are finished adding children to the Assignment, then you can click “Save and Finish.” You will see a confirmation message once it has been successfully assigned.
Please note: There is a maximum limit of 40 items per assignment.
How Children Can Access Their Assignments:
- Your students can log in to your account at Education.com using your Premium membership email and password. Students can also log in to our kid-safe environment at education.com/games/play. Please have them select "Sign In" and on the next screen they can select "Use Access Code" and then enter their Classroom or Student Code.
- Once your child selects their profile, they will land on our main menu where they will see available Assignments and due dates (if applicable).
- To complete the Assignments, students click on the games or exercises listed on the Assignment page, click "Play", learn and have fun!
The main menu also allows students to see their progress in each individual game and exercise in the Assignment.
Editing an Assignment or Changing the due date:
- To access your Assignments, sign in to your account and click on your Premium user ID in the top right-hand corner of any page.
- You can then select “Assignments.” You’ll be able to make edits to Assignments here, such as removing items, changing the due dates, editing the children assigned to them or deleting.
- When you sign into your “Assignments” tab, you will see “Draft” which contains any Assignments you have created but not yet assigned, “In Progress” which contains all active Assignments, and also “Past Due” which contains all past due or finished Assignments.
- To edit an Assignment (such as changing its name, due date, number of attempts, mandatory, or a draft), click on it in the table, and then click on “Edit Assignment.” You can edit its details and also duplicate or delete it.
- If you click “Start Assignment” for a Draft Assignment, then it will be sent to your "In Progress" assignments, and also made active for the children to play.
- To change the children who are on an Assignment, scroll down to "Assigned Children” and click “Edit,” which can be found to the right of the title.
- To quickly change an assignment to/from mandatory, click on the assignment in the table and you will see the column to the right "Mandatory". Each assignment will have a Yes or No for this. If "Yes" is selected students must complete this Assignment before they will be able to play other games. Click on "Yes" or "No" to switch the setting.
- If you select "Edit" next to the Assigned Items of an assignment, you can reorder the content of the assignment or delete an item from the assignment.
Track Assignment Progress:
- On the “My Assignments” page, you will see a progress bar for “Student Progress.” This shows how many children have started the Assignment. For example, if there are 2 children assigned to an Assignment, and one has finished it, then you will see “1 finished · 1 not started.”
- To see more detailed progress for each child, click into an Assignment. If you scroll down to “Assigned Children,” then you can click on their name in the table to see their progress on specific items.
- To grade digitally assigned worksheets, once you have selected the student, click on “Set Score” next to the worksheet title. You will be able to view the completed work, and you can then enter the score for the worksheet. The score will be fed into Progress Tracker, which will show their overall grade.
- You can then repeat this process if there are multiple students in the Assignment and you can also see suggested resources for each student under the “Class Score Chart” tab where you can then assign further content if needed.
- Please Note: The Assignment only becomes “Finished” when the due date passes. If your children complete the Assignment before the due date, then it will remain “In Progress.”